THE LODGE AT GALLOW GREEN WINTER ROOFTOP HIDEAWAY RETURNS FOR THE SEASON DECEMBER 3
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASETHE MCKITTRICK HOTEL, HOME OF SLEEP NO MORE, ANNOUNCES
THE LODGE AT GALLOW GREEN
WINTER ROOFTOP HIDEAWAY RETURNS FOR THE SEASON DECEMBER 3
New York, NY (November 29, 2018) – The McKittrick Hotel (530 West 27th Street, NYC), home of Sleep No More, announces the return of winter hideaway The Lodge at Gallow Green. Located on the hotel’s perennial rooftop, The Lodge opens for the season on Monday, December 3, and remains through March.
When the weather turns cold, The McKittrick’s transporting year-round rooftop bar, Gallow Green, undergoes a dramatic transformation from whimsical secret garden to cozy mountainside escape. The Lodge at Gallow Green lures guests out of hibernation to discover an indoor-outdoor ski cabin, perched high above the bustling city streets in a secluded forest of pine trees.
Once inside, visitors sit back, relax and warm up with a selection of hot drinks, potent handcrafted cocktails, and seasonally-inspired small plates expertly prepared by the hotel’s Executive Chef, Pascal Le Seac’h.
Winter Menu Highlights:
- Whet the appetite with delicate salmon crudo dressed in watermelon radishes and yuzu, a roots and grains bowl with acorn and butternut squash, candied beets, lentils and quinoa, or McKittrick toasts topped with a trio of spreads like sweet & salty fig.
- Comforting options include Angus skirt steak with flavorful Bordelaise sauce, wild mushroom ravioli with watercress pesto, and crave-inducing potato sides like gratin dauphinois and house-made tater tots with bacon, chive and cheese baked in.
- New sweet and savory fondues are also now available to share with the table. cheese fondue and ecuadorian dark chocolate fondue are presented with an assortment of items to dip while you sip.
- Hot & cozy drinks are made with sugar, spice and everything nice to warm weary holiday travelers. flavors of bourbon, whisky, apple cider, graham cracker, chocolate, cinnamon and ginger delight the senses. A dickensian-era holiday punch made with red wine, port, cognac, rum, raisins and warming spices lingers in the air.
- Shaken & Citrussy cocktails highlight Sleep No More, a fan favorite blend of pea flower-infused vodka, elderflower and rosé cider. The hotel’s namesake drink, The Old McKittrick, heads up Stirred & Strong concoctions with mezcal, rum, cachaça, sherry, mole bitters and lemon oil. Wine by the glass and bottle, seasonal draft beers from local breweries, and bottled ciders are also available.
The Lodge at Gallow Green is a perfect respite from the cold before or after attending a performance at The McKittrick. The cabin’s charming, lived-in vibe is inspired by Scottish bothies, complete with cozy seating areas, warm plaid blankets, hiking boots, sleeping bunks and a library. Private nooks, mysterious train tracks, and an outdoor fire pit also entice guests to explore.
The McKittrick Hotel is open seven days a week. Located in Chelsea near The High Line, Hudson Yards, Hell’s Kitchen and the Meatpacking District, the venue offers a plethora of entertainment options for tourists and locals alike. From the award-winning immersive spectacle Sleep No More and after-hours jazz speakeasy Manderley Bar, to premier entertainment destination The Club Car, there are endless reasons to visit.
The Lodge at Gallow Green is open for dinner and drinks daily from 5pm (4pm on Saturdays). Reservations are recommended for dinner. The Lodge at Gallow Green is also an ideal location for holiday parties and festive group gatherings all winter long.
The Lodge at Gallow Green is located at The McKittrick Hotel at 542 West 27th Street, New York, NY 10001. For additional information, visit www.mckittrickhotel.com or call 212-564-1662.
About The McKittrick Hotel
The McKittrick Hotel (@TheMcKittrick) is home of immersive theater spectacle Sleep No More (@sleepnomorenyc), year-round rooftop bar Gallow Green (@gallowgreen), jazz age-inspired speakeasy Manderley Bar (@manderleybar), and restaurant and performance space The Club Car (@clubcarnyc) – home of Bartschland Follies, At The Illusionist’s Table, Wonders at Dusk and Speakeasy Magick.
The McKittrick is also renowned for elaborate costume parties and one-of-a-kind events – including intimate live concerts, music festivals and McKittrick Masquerades for Halloween and New Year’s Eve.
For additional information, visit www.mckittrickhotel.com.