“Love, Loss, and What I Wore” Plays Final Eight Performances Off-Broadway
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE, PLEASE
“ L O V E , L O S S , A N D W H A T I W O R E ”
PLAYS FINAL EIGHT PERFORMANCES OFF-BROADWAY
LONG-RUNNING HIT CLOSES MARCH 25
AFTER 2.5 YEARS AND
MORE THAN 1000 PERFORMANCES
New York, NY (3/21/2012) –Today, Love, Loss, and What I Wore begins its final week of performances Off Broadway at the Westside Theatre (407 West 43 Street), before the long-running hit closes on Sunday, March 25th.
The Off Broadway hit, produced by Daryl Roth, written by Nora Ephron and Delia Ephron, directed by Karen Carpenter and based on the best-selling book by Ilene Beckerman, opened at the Westside Theatre on October 1, 2009, where it broke all box office records and recouped its entire investment in just eleven weeks.
To celebrate the show’s long and impressive run, here are some fun facts and figures:
• NYC Cast changes: 30
• People who have seen the show in NYC: 180,575
• Actresses who have appeared at the Westside Theatre: 120
• Tony Award Winners in the NYC cast: 12
• Daytime Emmy & Emmy Award Winners in the NYC cast: 17
• Actress who has done the show the most: Zuzanna Szadkowski (5 NYC Casts)
• Money raised for Dress for Success: $175,000 (in-kind and cash donations)
• Continents that have had productions: 6
WHAT THEY WORE• Black dresses used in the show: 126
• Tubes of lipstick used: 52
• Pairs of shoes worn: 125
• Pairs of Spanx used: 200+!
Tickets for the final eight performances are $79.00 and are available via Telecharge.com (212-239-6200) and in-person at the Westside Theatre box office (407 West 43rd Street). Same-day general rush tickets ($25.00, cash only) are available at the box office, beginning at noon. (Limited to two rush tickets per person. Seats are based on availability; some are limited view.) The schedule for Love, Loss, and What I Wore is as follows: Wednesday at 2 PM & 8 PM, Thursday – Friday at 8 PM, Saturday at 2 PM & 8 PM and Sunday at 3 PM & 7 PM.